Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 2 Readings Response

After listening to the podcast and reading the chapters assigned for this week I feel much better about my skill level and technical proficiency. I especially liked the observation in the podcast that to really gain mastery in any subject you must spend 10,000+ hours studying, thinking about and practicing the necessary skills.  I like to be good at things immediately just like anyone else, but I really appreciate the idea that I can become great at almost anything if I put in the required time and effort.

I also am a big fan of Anne Lamott's "Bird by Bird." Many years ago I tried my hand at writing and her practical advice on writing and life definitely fits with my experience. I think her suggestions will translate very well to photographic ideas, and make the process of brainstorming and story selection much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment